Responsible for the management and execution of all sales and merchandising activities and plans in a specific area within the region, in line with the company’s growth ambition, and to maintain and develop excellent relationships with all trade partners.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Sales and Promotion:
- ▪ Management of a specific territory through retail visits to a pre – agreed journey plan call schedule and designated standards
- ▪ Responsible to achieve individual sales targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) within a specific territory for all trade channels.
- ▪ Implement and lead all trade marketing activities decided upon by the company.
- ▪ Drive retail sales in a specific territory through the implementation of VAPPS sales drivers (i.e. Visibility;
Availability; Price, Promotion; Space)
- ▪ Drive distribution by identifying and developing new customers through prospecting
▪ Fully responsible for all customer account receivables’ issues within the territory
▪ Monitors credits granted to customers and actively involved in solving payment issues
- ▪ Undertake reporting as per standards: calls made, activities undertaken, asset management, competitor activity and price survey
- ▪ Develop and build journey plans in line with the territory growth
- ▪ Collects and prepare relevant market intelligence report to be shared with the RSM weekly and monthly.
- ▪ Weekly & Monthly sales reporting: volume & value
- ▪ Weekly & Monthly KPI reporting
- ▪ Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation of the Company and all Brand Partners via adherence to ethics, marketing / sales guidelines, processes and compliance with corporate governance procedures
- ▪ Performs any other responsibilities or tasks assigned to him by company management in his area of competence, within the agreed deadlines
Knowledge and Skills Required
▪ Must understand the nuances in the Traditional Trade set up including open market management. ▪ Commercially astute, able to understand and implement commercial arguments.
▪ A good understanding of selling capabilities and customer management skill.
▪ Strong communication skills –written and verbal.
▪ Excellent negotiation skills.
▪ Must be computer literate; Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet
Qualification and Experience
▪ A degree holder or relevant professional certificate.
▪ Minimum of 5 years’ experience minimum.
▪ Previous experience in an FMCG commercial environment is key.
Mode of Application
To apply, interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Deadline of Applications: 5th November, 2020