Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a social enterprise comprised of three online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
1. HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer/Illustrator to create and design graphics for all three online platforms mentioned above.
- Ensure that branding design is developed and applied consistently in line with specific style guide/s.
- Design social media content as needed by each platform.
- Design online and offline promotional materials as determined by the projectmanager and marketing team.
- Develop and constantly improve the image of the brands.
- Monitor and recommend market and design trends.
- Adapt designs and illustrations to different countries, regions and cultures.
- Any other duties as requested by the line manager. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to conceptualize and create characters, storyboards and illustrations layouts for the project under the supervision of communications team;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours (full-time) per week.
- Advanced English proficiency with strong reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrated work experience as a Graphic Designer / Illustrator.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or equivalent programs.
- Knowledge of graphic design & illustration techniques for both online and offline materials. Should have the capacity to deliver quality artworks that are suitable for social media.
- Must have a computer and smart phone and consistent access to reliable and strong internet.
- Must be available to start work immediately if hired.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health knowledge.
- Social media design.
- Basic animation skills (motion graphics is a plus).
- Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
The Consultant will work online, but should be in constant communication with the entire Women First Digital team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum). Please clearly state your expected monthly remuneration.
- Portfolio of sample artworks/illustrations/animationsPlease submit your application with subject line: Graphic Designer/Illustrator – WFD by June 18 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.