Our client, a global commodity trading and processing company is currently looking for an organized and responsible Mechanical Officer to help with their operations in Ghana.
Selected candidate will be responsible for carrying out a wide variety of tasks related to supervision, managing situations, offering assistance to drivers and tracks who may have faults whilst in transit.
He/She will be responsible and actively involved in directing and organizing the tasks related to repairs, spare parts purchase and storage, and servicing of the vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines.
- Advising on selection and buying of spare parts.
- Fixing of new brakes on trucks and repairing faulty brakes
- Changing engine oil and filter on all trucks and coordinating with the line manager to maintain a schedule of trucks due for servicing.
- To act as liaison between the company and third-party repairs shops and ensure that repairs are done in the best possible way.
- To provide answer to queries raised by subordinates and to give information related to various policies and procedures.
- To assist at accident scenes and offer assistance in transferring loads to other trucks.
- To conduct spare parts supplier comparison and make recommendations based on their ability to give value for money.
- Conducting physical inspection on trucks and reporting on the working conditions of the trucks.
- Assist in conducting interviews leading to the selection and appointment of new drivers.
- Writing reports and documentation.
- Providing technical advice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5yrs experience in similar role.
- Experience in heavy duty repairs (trucks maintenance) is an advantage.
- Effective technical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage conflicts and diverse workforce.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with the subordinate employees.
- Teamworking skills.
To apply please send CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org