Our client, a global commodity trading and processing company is currently looking for a proactive Repairs and Maintenance Manager to help with their operations in Ghana.
The successful candidate will oversee all installation, repair and proper upkeep of all company vehicle. The ideal candidate will ensure the best physical resources and spare parts are available to complete their duties according to budget.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Carry out inspections of the vehicles to identify and resolves issues
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise the activities of vulcanizers and mechanical staff
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for repair and maintenance.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Change engine oil and filter on all trucks and coordinate with fleet managers to maintain a schedule of trucks due for servicing.
- Assist in conducting interviews leading to the selection and appointment of new drivers
- Act as a liaison between the company and third-party repair shops and ensure that repairs are done in the best possible way.
- Conduct spare parts supplier comparison and make recommendations based on their ability to give value for money.
Bachelor’s degree in Transport Management/ Facility Management or similar discipline
- 5 – 7 years’ experience as Repair and Maintenance Manager
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience and at least 3 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Ability to supervise, coordinate and direct the work of subordinates.
- Ability to manage conflicts and diverse workforce.
- Must have Excellent Communication both written and orally.
- Must possess Decision making skills
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Excellent IT skills
- Must be Safety and Procedure orientated
- Must possess strong leadership Skills
- Must have knowledge in Transport Management Systems
- Must be abreast with Vehicle Tracking Systems
- Ability work with minimum supervision, meet schedules time lines and plan and organize work accordingly.
- Must be ready to be on a call 24/7 and must have the physical ability to travel long hours and withstand harsh weather conditions.
To Apply please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org