The Production shift supervisor oversees a shift during production hours, with full responsibility for his department. The Shift supervisor is responsible for meeting shift production OEE targets at the right quality, in a cost-effective manner. The incumbent is also responsible for the entrenchment of Perfect Plant practices in a safe and healthy working environment. As the first line manager, the production shift supervisor must be conversant with some human resource policies, particularly in the area of disciplinary and grievance procedures, in resolving people issues in the shift to create and maintain a highly motivated team.
Results / Accountabilities
- Meet the forecasted production plans within the production budget while maintaining a high standard in safety
- Meet quality objectives for finished goods/products
- Ensure cooperation and teamwork within the production teams.
- Promote good relations and communication between the maintenance and production departments.
- Coordinate training for the production employees.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are maintained within the production department.
- Perform the duties of the Production Manager in his absence.
- Represent the production department when coordinating and organizing the teams work with other departments.
- Provide leadership and ensure communication within a team environment to achieve the production objectives.
- Report on the team s shift activities and observations, safety meetings and production level.
- Member of Plant First Response Team.
- Member of the production on-call system.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Engineering, Nutrition/Food science or related fields.
- At least three years manufacturing experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the food technology and manufacturing process
- A solid track record of effectively, leading, managing and/or supervising a unionized work force
- Excellent leadership ability and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on many tasks at the same time while keeping excellent organizational skills.
- Very strong computer skills.
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment (co-workers, suppliers, etc.).