We are looking for an English-speaking Community Manager to support the safe2choose and FindMyMethod social media community.
Compensation: Up to US$800 per month (based on experience)
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication ideas, strategies and campaigns for the Anglophone West African region(Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone)
- Create region-friendly responses to use on direct messages and commentaries.
- Respond to users in a timely manner
- Build relationships with users
- Manage country-specific groups
- Monitor, track and report about the community management
- Coordinate with the online and offline Marketing, and Communications
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trend
- Other duties as assigned.
The Community Manager will work online from Accra, but should be in constant communication with the WFD team. Work schedule will be defined according to the candidate’s availability and WFD needs. Please note that WFD does not offer relocation support and the Community Manager should already be living in Accra.
- Vacancy is directed at all women (trans included) and non-binary people.
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours (full-time) per week.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience as a community manager or social media manager
- Must have experience in content creation, blogging, curating trends and
- Advanced knowledge in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube,
TikTok etc. is essential
- Must have experience in social media analytics, community metrics
- Experience on using social media management tools, like Agorapulse, Hootsuite, and alike tools.
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Ability to work without supervision and take initiative.
- Must have a computer and smartphone and consistent access to reliable and strong internet.
- Knowledge of medical abortion and family planning
- Sexual and Reproductive Health experience
- Knowledge of gender, feminism and women’s health
- University students are encouraged to apply.
Other Benefits: Paid leave days and home-office maintenance allowance
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum)
Please submit your application to the Country Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Community Manager – AWA
Deadline: 3rd April, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.