A reputable and successful financial institution is seeking to fill the position of Software Test Officer. This role will be responsible for monitoring every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards and for releases to meet target date.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Document test cases
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Record test progress and results
- Create test plans
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Discover bugs within software
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Minimum of 1st Degree in Mathematics, physics, chemistry.
- A minimum of 2-years’ experience in similar role.
- Pass a selection interview conducted by a designated body. Knowledge / Skills expected
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders, problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a team, organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines, a passion for technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices.
- Programming knowledge (This depends on whether a Black Box or a White Box testing methodology is used)